*Jim Hogan started the 10,000m as well as the marathon at the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo; he failed to finish in either.
* Michael "Sonny" Murphy from Co Clare failed to finish the 3000m steeplechase at the 1932 Los Angeles Games due to heat exhaustion. TG4 has broadcast an Irish langauge drama documentary based on his life.
* Jenny McCauley 2004 mountain biker, spells her surname with a capital "C" (which we knew...sorry Jenny!)
* Derek Burnett, clay target shooter finished joint 7th, not 9th at the 2004 Olympics (he was listed ninth in order so an honest error)
* On page 264, and 265, we list the 1948 football team without first names, for which we hunted high and low without success. We now know three: Dongeal men Lt Patsy McGonagle (father of the longtime Irish athletics manager) and Emmet McLoughlin, and Brendan O'Kelly, the youngest member of the team at 18.
* On page 248, race walker Olive Loughnane is missing from the 2000 team.
* Jonno Devlin, rowing with the Irish heavyweight 4 in Beijing, competed for GBR in 2004
* Northern Ireland footballer Denis Kelleher competed for the British team at the 1948 Olympics.
* Derrick Barton was 7th in the modern pentathlon in 1924, competing for GB; his son Christopher later rowed in the British eights boat that took silver for GB in 1948.