Just published in time for the Beijing Olympics is "Faster, Higher, Stronger - A History of Ireland's Olympians".
Among other things, this book, written by Lindie Naughton and Johnny Watterson, includes an A to Z of every person of Irish extraction ever to compete at an Olympic Games.
This website is designed to update information, fill in the gaps and add a few more stories we couldn't fit in the book.
We hope it will keep you entertained - and not just during the frenzied fortnight in Beijing!
INEVITABLY, the gremlins did a bit of damage to our book. Corrections and amendments will appear here.
*Jim Hogan started the 10,000m as well as the marathon at the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo; he failed to finish in both.
* Jenny McCauley 2004 mountain biker, spells her surname with a capital "C" (which we knew...sorry Jenny!)
* Derek Burnett, clay target shooter finished joint 7th, not 9th at the 2004 Olympics (he was listed ninth in order so an honest error)
* On page 264, and 265, we have a list of the 1948 football team without first names, for which we hunted high and low without success. We now know two: Lt Patsy McGonagle (any relation to the Irish athletics manager?) and Emmet McLoughlin; both Donegal men.
* On page 248, race walker Olive Loughnane is missing from the 2000 team.
* Jonno Devlin, rowing with the Irish heavyweight 4 in Beijing, competed for GBR in 2004
*Alan Campbell, fifth in the single sculls final in Beijing, also rowed for GB in 2004